Monday, January 25, 2010

Wedding updates

So, since it seems like all I've been doing lately is wedding planning (really, who cares about school?) I thought I would give an update. And maybe a school update too since, you know, it's moderately important.

So, wedding update:

I bought my wedding dress and picked out the bridesmaid dresses, Brian picked out his tux and the groomsmen's, and we're working on our wedding registries (finished one, working on the other two). We've also booked a car to take us from the wedding and the reception, sent out save-the-dates, and are working on booking our honeymoon (in Charleston).

Next up: Figuring out the music for the ceremony (Brian's choir, the Vox Clara Schola [I think that's what it's called, anyway] is going to be doing all the music), picking out invitations, and buying our wedding rings. I also have a dress fitting in a few weeks.

Whew! Things are moving fast (only a little more than 4 months now), and it seems to be getting more real by the second. I'm alternately excited and terrified. Brian's set to hear from grad schools in mid-March so that's not doing much to remedy the situation. BUT, hopefully by April 1 we will know something about where we'll be moving.

A short update on school (because that's all I can stand), here are the classes I'm taking this semester:
  • Disability Policy (interesting, but most of what we're learning I know already and it's not a long enough class to get into new things)
  • Evaluation (it has a longer title, but i'm not interested in learning it)
  • Grant writing (which has so far proved to be VERY useful)
  • Financial management of nonprofits
  • Facilitative leadership (iffy, b/c we're using a model the professor's husband developed).
I'm tired just looking at the list.

As we rocket towards June, I'll try to keep updating...maybe I'll even add a "days to graduation" calendar..

No comments: