Thursday, August 5, 2010

Still Searching

...for a job, that is. I've had one interview so far, but haven't heard back yet..I'm hoping to soon, and praying that it's a positive outcome!

We've mostly settled in, and have figured out our way into town (Naples) for running errands (I got my library card yesterday, and picked up a Driver's Handbook so I can go get my Florida driver's license soon). Brian's orientation for his Master's program is the 24th, and his classes start the 3oth. It feels incredibly strange not to be going back to school...I do miss it, getting my new textbooks was always my favorite part of the year. Do I see another degree in my future? We'll see, I guess..

Other than that, not much has happened. We're still grappling with the amazing assortment of very large bugs that seem to live near us, not to mention birds that fly by with Maddy-sized animals in their talons (needless to say, we've been very careful to be sure she doesn't get out!) We still don't have internet at home (we're waiting until I get a job to add extra expenses) so I'm a bit out of the loop in terms of current events and the like.

Here's hoping I have some good news in terms of a job to report back soon!

1 comment:

Lara Newell said...

I'm missing the whole back-to-school thing, too. Shall we become professional students? :) Hope you get that job and that the huge bugs stay away!