Monday, September 13, 2010

Looking Ahead

Despite the fact that I've been recently spending all my time battling with my old apartment complex (they FORGOT to bill me for water since March, even though I asked them why I wasn't getting bills. Their answer: there are no new charges. Their answer now: It's the billing company's fault. But you still owe us. The billing company said they would "research" why I wasn't billed for 4 months and get back to me. They haven't.) I have lots to look forward to.

Not the least of them is the fact that I GOT A JOB! It's only a part time job right now, which means I'll more than likely have to find my own health insurance (blast) and is still paid based on hours worked. But, it's a job, and hopefully it will result in a full-time position sometime in the next year.

Plus, I got a bike, which has been really fun to ride despite the brutal temperatures here (still 90 degrees every day, with a 100+ degree heat index). This will also allow us to pursue selling my car, which will hopefully pay the aforementioned health care bills.

I'm looking forward to the temperature here getting at least a little cooler (that's going to happen soon...right?) and being able to go to the beach once that happens. According to our neighbors, beach season starts in October. You know you want to visit us this winter. Then I'll have something else to look forward to!

No comments: