Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Happy Holidaze

We finally made the 15-hour trek to NC on Saturday (it actually wasn't so bad...hardly any traffic, and we made really good time), but my body decided it had had enough of the punishing I'd put it through during the weeks leading up to/during finals (working from 7am until 11 at night is probably not good for you, FYI) and decided to come down with a cold. On the drive.

I started out feeling fine, but the farther north we got, the worse I felt...a scratchy throat in mid-Florida led to a sore throat in Georgia, runny nose in South Carolina, and painfully congested sinuses by the time we made it to NC. Despite the fact that we have now been here almost 3 full days, I have barely done anything but sleep and drag myself out of bed for meals with various family members. I suppose it's good that this happened at at time when I CAN do nothing but sleep--most of the things we have planned don't start until later in the week, plus of course I'm off work--but it's always a bummer to be sick at Christmas. I'm also lucky, though, that Brian is finally finished for the semester and has been taking very good care of me, in between playing the video game he's been waiting all semester for, Skyrim

But I am SO READY to be better, especially because Zumba class is tomorrow and I have been dying to go since I went to my first one over the summer, plus I just hate spending the short time we have at home shut up in a bedroom. Here's hoping I can get out of my dazed medicated stupor and actually enjoy the holiday---plus that Brian doesn't catch it just in time for us to go back to Florida.

No comments: