Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer camp

Well, we're nearly 1/3 through with the summer camp I'm supervising...and while it's going fairly well, it's exhausting. Which is the reason I haven't posted as often as I should have...

Since I can't discuss specifics (due to HIPPA, mostly), i'll just say that supervising is WAY harder than I anticipated. I'm almost looking forward to going back to being an intern. Almost. But I have enjoyed hanging out with all the kids, reading to them (right now we're finishing up A Cricket in Times Square and are about to start Holes), and doing fun stuff like going to the pool every week and outings on Friday (next Friday is the IMAX).

A couple of major life changes (or at least potential ones) have also occurred in the past couple of weeks, namely:
  • I decided to get my nonprofit certificate this year, so instead of taking a range of classes all of them will focus on some aspect of a nonprofit.
  • Brian and I are (hopefully) moving the wedding both to Raleigh and to June 5. We're still working on figuring out a place for the reception.
  • I'm contemplating going to law school. There happens to be one at Brian's top choice grad school, and the more I think about it, the more I think it would behoove me to know the law well, and also be able to defend people with disabilities on a higher level than I would be able to with just an MSW. Obviously I'm having to weigh this against being a student for 3 more years and all that entails...but I'm keeping my options open at this point.
Also, I can't believe i'm moving to Cary in 5 1/2 weeks! It's just insane. I'm sure I'll have plenty to talk about then...

No comments: