Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wedding Madness (and other assorted kinds)

So, now that Brian and I have moved the wedding to Raleigh, I'm scrambling to find a reception place before they all get booked. And I'm starting to realize what a truly huge job planning a wedding is.

This morning, we met with the wedding planner at the Sheraton--and it left me nervous (I basically shredded part of the folder she gave me, twisting it around while she talked), and when she said the price, I nearly burst into tears. I think at this point we've mostly decided on just having it at the Doggett Center, because it's someplace we're comfortable and it doesn't cost a ton to rent (at least, I'm assuming). But I still have to: find a caterer, a wedding cake baker, a dress, dresses/tuxes for the rest of the bridal party, flowers (for the church and the reception), figure out decorations (hopefully my stepmom will be helping me with this, but I still have to decide on a color scheme and generally what I want), invitations.....BLARGH!!! I've been pestering my family to put together a guest list for 2 months now and still haven't accomplished it, so God knows how I will get all this done.

Plus I'm moving in 2 weeks and haven't started packing, I'm starting my new internship at the end of August (not to mention 3 new classes), I have to decide whether I'm continuing with sign language on top of all this, and am worrying about being able to get a part time job.

In other words, I'm losing my mind. Help.

1 comment:

Lara Newell said...

I can help with invitations and come with you shopping for things. Besides, you're the bride...you get to boss your bridal party around and it's our job to help you :)