Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome, 2011

Christmas is almost over (I can just hear Brian saying that 'Christmas is from Dec. 25 to Jan. 6--IT'S TWELVE DAYS!), and we're heading back to Florida tomorrow. It was a great vacation--we got to see all our family (but thankfully didn't have to manage it all in one day, like we normally do, which is beyond exhausting...we have my mom, my dad, his mom, his dad, and his half-brother and his mom to see, all at separate houses of course). We were also able to visit Chapel Hill and Raleigh to see some of our friends there...it was great to see them, and also to visit some of the places we loved most in college.

We got lots of great gifts (books, cookbooks, Rosetta Stone Spanish, and new knives for me!) plus lots of gift cards, so we'll actually be able to eat out in Naples now (it is BEYOND expensive there). I'm sad to leave, since it was a nice trip, but ready to be back in my own house. It was nice to have a break from cooking and cleaning, but, to my honest surprise, I kind of missed it. Plus I know there's loads to do at work...even though career counseling probably isn't my calling in life (not that I know what IS), I like being busy.

I still hate being so far from home, since it means we won't be back until July (although we will see part of my family at my stepbrother's wedding in SC in May), but I have to admit I'm glad to be going back to 75 degree weather, as opposed to cold & snowing. All in all, it was a great holiday, and although the end of vacations are always sort of bittersweet, I'm excited to be able to read/use all my gifts and get back into our normal routine.

PLUS...hopefully we'll be getting internet soon!!!! Meaning, more posts to come....and more frequently if all goes to plan.

Happy New Year!

No comments: