Friday, March 2, 2012

March Madness

(No, not the basketball kind. But I'm looking forward to that too..)

I've been looking forward to March for a while, for a number of reasons, and I'm so glad it's here.

Brian should be hearing back from more schools this month (he got into St. Louis last month!! Hooray! Except he's on the waitlist for an assistantship, so we still don't know if he can even go there. *sigh*). Every day when I check the mail I pray something from a school will be in it, but so far no luck. But now I can really say that it will be any day now!

Plus, we're going to...drumroll...the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!! I am so psyched. I am justifying the expense by saying that we will probably never live within driving distance again, plus we get the Florida resident discount. I have been dying to go there ever since they announced it was opening and I intend to thoroughly enjoy myself. I'm thankful for a day of vacation, no matter how short.

Work-wise, my biggest event is this month, and I'm both looking forward to seeing all the pieces come together (I've been planning it since November) and that it will be over (and hopefully a moderate success). 

Brian's first draft of his thesis is due at the end of the month, which I know he is stressed about, but I'm looking forward to it since I'm that much closer to getting him to myself for a couple of months this summer. Graduation is only 2 MONTHS AWAY!

There are, of course, plenty of things I'm worried/stressed about (not knowing where on earth we're moving, and when, being a large part of it) but I intend to enjoy March while it's here. April will have to be a month of decision making, but I'll take that when it comes.

No comments: