Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moved at last

Well, I'm in my new apartment at last, and mostly unpacked except for some odds and ends which are scattered about still. It does have its advantages over my old one, windows and a sink sprayer being the primary ones, plus a larger bedroom (not to mention the fact that it's $100 cheaper than my old one). I haven't figured out my way around Cary yet, which could be interesting/frustrating.

The week ahead, though, could be a grueling one--commuting to Chapel Hill every day for work, not to mention dealing with all the stuff the last week of camp involves (like having to clean out our room) and staff and kid burnout alike. Last week nearly every kid had a meltdown, even the ones that normally never do, and all the staff are starting to get on each other's nerves and be short with the kids, myself included.

If I get through this week, I get a week off before school starts, which is much needed; I'm already dreading school and having to do homework on top of working all the time. I still haven't found a part-time job for during the year, but I have a few ideas, so hopefully something will work out. If not, at least I'm living somewhere cheaper...

No comments: