Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Resolutions for 2012

I'm finally getting around to thinking about my goals for 2012. And, without further ado, here they are:

  • Snack less. Ever since I was on a medication that lowered my blood pressure (I've now been off it for over a year) and had to snack almost constantly to keep from fainting, I've been an AWFUL nosher. I would love to lose 5 or 10 pounds, and when I took stock of how much I was snacking, it quickly became apparent why (or at least, one of the reasons why) I wasn't able to.
  • Exercise more consistently. I used to be great about going to the gym 3 or 4 times a week, but in the past year I've been awful about it. Having no gym makes it hard, but I got some great new workout DVDs for Christmas so I am determined to at least try.
  • Worry less and trust in God more. This year especially, I've been worrying constantly (will Brian get into doctoral programs? Where will we move? How will I find a job? Will we be able to have kids?). Honestly, this worrying does absolutely nothing. We've never been lacking for what we needed, and I have to trust in God that we'll be sent where we're supposed to go and given what we need.
  • Watch less TV. This is aided by the fact that the majority of my shows are, in my opinion, no good this season. So it's not a sacrifice to watch less of them.
  • Read a wider range of books, including the "classics". I especially need to get out of my English hole and read writers of others nationalities. 
  • Be more positive.  Honestly, I think I put this down every year, but as I have yet to achieve it to my satisfaction, here we are again.  

Well, that's it for now--Brian is ALMOST done with all his doctoral applications (4 out of 7 are officially finished). He started his last semester on Monday, and is considering applying for a part-time job (which I would LOVE). In the next few months we should know more about the latter half of our year will look like. 

No comments: