Sunday, November 23, 2008

Let the holidays begin!

The Christian holiday, that is...I'm not sure the Jewish ones ever end, to be honest. Thanksgiving is kind of areligious.

I had another busy but good weekend...Friday I went to dinner and then to the CHiPs improv show with some SW girls...on leaving dinner we saw a huge crowd of people marching down Franklin (blocking an entire lane of traffic, which, I imagine, was not making the bus full of people stuck behind them very happy). They were wearing skull masks, weird clothes, and wheeling a coffin that said "capitalism" on the side. This only contributes to my notion that it is really time to get out of Chapel Hill. At least CHiPs was hilarious as always, and my fellow JFS intern was there, so we had some good laughs about things that happened this week (for example, when Debbie, one of the social workers, said about her couch, "This thing sure gets a lot of action!". hahaha).

Saturday I did some Christmas shopping, which mostly consisted of going to Barnes & Nobles to look for children's books for my niece (SO MUCH FUN!! I got "Goodnight Moon", "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom", "Guess How Much I Love You", and a Sandra Boynton book called "Horns to toes") and Southern Season, which is always a good outing, even if I go just to browse the teas.

Then I went to see Twilight, which, i' m sad to say, was even more ridiculous than the books (which I honestly wasn't sure was possible). It was PACKED with tweens, and the movie mostly consisted of close-ups of Edward and Bella's faces, breathing hard and looking anxious. It was essentially two hours of middle school style awkward. Here's some choice lines:
"Hang on, you little spider monkey"
"Bella, you're my own personal form of heroin"

Good grief.

Today was also my next-to-last day with Joe, which went fine except for when I burned my finger baking cookies since his well-loved favorite pot-holder was a little TOO well-loved, and had a hole in it. And when he washed his hands, and then dried them. On the dog. I can't make this stuff up.

School-wise: 2 weeks left of class! I've turned in one paper, finished another, and am about halfway through the last 2 (one of them is a group paper, and i'm just waiting for one group member to give me his part..I understand why he hasn't yet, but it still kind of ticks me off. The control freak is always there, it's just dormant sometimes.) Then I have my online class (blahhhh) and a bunch of work for my internship. Followed by work for the Arc. And more work for my internship. So yeah, I'm getting a break...*sigh*. At least there's no class...

No comments: