Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tryptofantastic

After my usual glut of holiday food (only two Thanksgiving dinners this year, thank goodness) and family, i'm feeling worn out and exhausted. Not to mention the fact that I came down with a cold practically as soon as I got here and have felt progressively worse every day. Thankfully, today was a bit better since i've stopped sneezing every 3 seconds.

As much as I enjoy being home, I am once again REALLY ready to go back to Chapel Hill, despite my conflictual relationship with it currently. I just feel stifled here in the mess of my mom's house...I need some autonomy. And cleanliness. And a bed frame, which I currently don't have here because it is still leaning up against a wall in the dining room waiting to be carried upstairs and put back together. Ack.

To further the weekend awkwardness that begun with my mom asking my stepmom if she wanted to join us for a movie and continued at my dad's on Friday, as we ate dinner and then all started at each other for what seemed like 2 years but was probably about 2-3 hours, a client tried to friend me on facebook. Clearly, this is not appropriate, and now I feel like I have to bring up boundaries because I don't want him to get a friending complex. I am really not cut out for direct practice. Really.

I DID go see Australia, which was as good as Twilight was ridiculously awful. Great setting, costumes (my favorite, of course) and music. I was feeling iffy, since Baz Lurhmann movies can either be good (Moulin Rouge) or kitschy (Romeo + Juliet)..thankfully this one was good, but on a MUCH larger scale than Moulin Rouge, not to mention longer (3 hours!!). When I went the theater was packed with elderly people, and I have to say the best part of the movie was when Hugh Jackman emerged in a white smoking jacket and a collective "mmm" went up from the elderly ladies.

Crikey.

After a bit of a break, it's back to the grindstone tomorrow, since I have 2 exams coming up this week. Blech. At least i'm done after that....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sooo...good Thanksgiving?