Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Weekend of Eating

It was Brian's birthday weekend...and essentially all I did was eat and cook.

Friday night I went to dinner with some SW girls, then to the James Bond movie (Brian ended up going with some Doggett people), and then to Yogurt Pump. It was nice to feel part of a group, since I haven't really had that in a long time, and we ended up staying out past 11 just talking. James Bond was only so-so, I thought, but at least QUANTUM was a lot more believable than SPECTRE, and Mr. Green was a lot more chilling and realistic than Goldfinger ever was. Plus this was the first movie I've seen since August, so it was kind of nice.

Saturday Brian and I went to the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit (and I didn't get lost! Mainly b/c he knew where he was going and directed me. Apparently the directions I had printed off google maps were completely screwy).  It was good, but realllly crowded (there were even 2 other people from New Bern there!), and most of the exhibit was just background info, and then you got let into this climate-controlled, dark room a few people at a time to see these tiny fragments the size of my hand. But, he enjoyed it, which was the point. Then we had lunch at 518 West (I had artichoke dip and calamari, yum). Then we came back here, and both of us ended up crashing for almost 2 hours; after that, I got up and made quiche lorraine and Tollhouse pie for dinner.  This morning I made pancakes, and then we went to an early dinner at Olive Garden with his family, after mass. And now I'm making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Whew.

I DID call and cancel with Joe today, which I feel awful about, since that's the 2nd time I've done that this semester (the first time, though, was because I was having a nervous breakdown). But I wanted to see his family, and I felt like, in this situation, his birthday was more important. But it just contributed to my "I feel like the scum of the earth" complex. Blah.

School-wise, things are really winding down. We have 3 weeks left! I finish a class totally this week, and I've mostly finished one paper and started on the other 2.  Studying hasn't really started tho, but my class has at least started assembling a study guide for direct practice. Despite all my whinging, it has gone by pretty fast...

No comments: