Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bad week, Good weekend

I think this is going to be a theme for quite some time. It's not that my week was bad (besides the event I mentioned in my last post), but I'm just so burnt out at school it's all I can do to drag myself there 2 or 3 days a week. I think I'm just being taught things I wasn't interested in learning, so i'm not invested in the readings or assignments, and thus am completely unmotivated to do anything related to school. This isn't exactly a good time to completely lack motivation, since I have more assignments due this month than any other month this semester. Blech.

But, I did have a nice weekend--it started out by my running into a bunch of Best Buddies while I was at work Friday night, which resulted in a lot of "Sarah! We miss you"s, which is always gratifying. Then Brian and I went to eat at Piazza Italia last night, in Brightleaf Square (Durham), which was very authentic (they even make their own pasta and gelato), delicious, and not too overpriced (it's about the same as an Olive Garden, and wayyyy better). Then we went swing dancing, at which Brian is surprisingly good. At the lesson beforehand, we had to switch partners constantly, which was icky for me because I got a lot of sweaty-palmed Dookies who were not so good at dancing. But once the actual dance started, Brian and I danced for a while, AND HE ACTUALLY ENJOYED IT!! He even agreed to go to another one! I'm shocked. He only stepped on my foot once. It was just what I needed to escape from the stressful freak-out state school was putting me in.

Weeks till Spring Break: 4

No comments: