Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hello, February

Well, I've made it to February..and I still haven't decided whether this is a good thing or not.

Reasons it's a good thing:
  • Brian and I acutally get to spend Valentine's Day together (as opposed to most other years, when it was on a weekday and I couldn't make it to wherever he was).
  • Lauren's 25th birthday party (swing dancing!)
  • I get to go to the Alzheimer's Conference and see the brain bank at Duke. A brain bank! How cool is that? Even if it is at Duke...
  • The conference is on a Thursday so I get to skip seeing clients that week. (It is bad that I think this is a good thing?)
  • The Oscars are on.
  • It's a short month.
Reason's it's not a good thing:
  • I'm working every Friday night (3 for the Arc, one for JFS)
  • I have at least one assignment due every week, if not two (2 presentations and 4 papers)
  • I have to decide where I'm doing my internship next year and what classes I'll be taking.
So looking over this...it would be a good month if not for school/work. I don't mind the nights I'm working for the Arc, because I get paid and something hilarious always happens...but spending my Friday night at DUKE (for free) with grouchy Jewish elderly people who can never remember who I am does not sound like my idea of fun, to be honest. At least I've gotten the Shabbat blessings down.

I always felt a little sorry for February...most people spend their time wanting it to be over, so it can be March, and spring. Plus people who aren't dating hate Valentine's Day (plus some people who are dating. I don't hate it, but I think it is a little ridiculous. Plus I can't eat candy any more, so it takes a lot of effort to avoid all those huge displays in the grocery store). We'll see what the month brings, I suppose...

Weeks till Spring Break: 5.

1 comment:

Lara Newell said...

Howie and I have never spent a Valentine's Day together, as much as I want to. He doesn't seem to find it that important.