Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What a Night

Tuesday seems to be my day to have adverse things happen in/to my car. Today was MUCH worse than last week, however.

I was at the gym, again--I went in for a class for 45 minutes, and when I came out there was a woman and a mall security guy standing there, and she said, "hey, is this your car?". And I said, "umm..yes". And then I realized why they had asked.

My whole window on the driver's side was smashed out, and my GPS was gone. The GPS is not exactly essential, although I certainly enjoyed it, and I've felt so much more confident driving around with it (I had named it Charlotte--poor Charlotte). The window, however, will obviously have to be replaced post haste before I can go to work tomorrow. The mall security guy helped me clean up all the glass (there was a LOT of glass), and the police gave me a box to sit on so I didn't get stabbed with glass, (although I did cut up my hands). Apparently there was another break in a street over, which was probably by the same people. There was actually a girl going into another store in the shopping center who noticed something suspcicious looking (somebody pulled up perpendicular to my car), but didn't think anything of it until she got back out and saw what had happened.

The mall security guy told me that this has happened 18 times in 2 weeks at Southpoint, which I think shows that it is just a sign of the worsening economy. I like to be optimistic and think that this was someone desperate to get enough money to feed their family or get medicine for a sick child, and not using it for drugs or something. But I miss my Charlotte. And my car window.

Plus my stepmom told me that my dad's blood glucose and blood pressure are both out of control and the doctors haven't been able to get them back under control, and have added a new diabetes medication, to little effect. This, combined with the break in, and the fact that my ovaries have been extremely painful all week, just kind of sent me over the edge. I really need something extremely good to happen right now. Here's hoping.

No comments: