Sunday, February 15, 2009

Contemplations on the weekend

Thankfully, the days since Tuesday have been better. I got a new window on Wednesday (if this happens to you, I recommend Safelite to replace your glass). I've been trying to put this behind me, but sometimes I just get ticked off--whoever did this, for whatever reason, forced me to pay $200 for a new window (hopefully i'll get reimbursed by my insurance, but I couldn't exactly let my car sit windowless while I waited for them to work things out), which was several weeks of grocery money for me. Which just ticks me off; also, I won't get reimbursed for my GPS, which I had really started to depend on as a seriously directionally challenged person. Which means I won't get another one for a long time, if ever. BLAH STUPID THIEVES.

Moving on...

I had Friday off, from class and work (I was supposed to work, but I ended up not being needed), so I cooked dinner for Brian (stuffed shells and garlic bread, and homemade brownie sundaes), and then we watched Battlestar Galactica (ony 5 episodes left!!! They're FINALLY starting to explain some stuff. But I have no idea how the show is going to end). Saturday, Brian and I watched one of my favorite movies (which one of my lovely ex-roommates had the kindness to steal and now I have to rent when I want to watch it), Stranger than Fiction, which Brian happens to like too. I LOVE the part when Harold Crick (Will Ferrel) brings Anna Pascale (Maggie Gylenhaal) a box of little bags full of flour, and says, "I brought you flours". FLOURS, not flowers. Because she's a baker. Love it!!! As that movie is basically all about plotline and narrative voice, it's pretty much an ex-Engish major's dream. Sometimes I wish I had gone to grad school for English...

Then, we went to the Indian buffet at Tandoor, and then ice skating (they had free skate rental for couples...so it was a bit crowded for me. But we did run into my neighbor in New Bern and her boyfriend). I have to admit, when I saw a sherrif's car parked in the parking lot, I parked next to it. They would have to be REALLY stupid to break into my car then.

Today, I met up with Katie, who was the Best Buddies CBD after me, for lunch, and then we met up with Rachel, who was the CBD before me, to go to the talent show. It was great seeing everyone, but kind of weird not to be connected to a buddy. I was glad to see that my buddy, Cheryl, has a new buddy that seems to care about her as much as I do. But that was a little upsetting at the same time, to feel like you're replaceable.

As an aside, I'm also contemplating getting a 2nd (or I guess it would count as my 3rd?) job, at Barnes & Noble maybe. I'd rather not, but I feel like I need to be making more money and the Arc hasn't proved to be reliable when you're not attached to a client, as this past Friday proved. But i'm not sure yet.

Weeks till spring break: 3

No comments: