Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April, fools

It's April! I have very mixed feelings about this month. But first, some things that happened today...

Brian and I set a wedding date!! May 22, 2010! So we have the first step, reserving the church, done. The next step is reserving a place to have the reception and, probably, getting a wedding planner.

Also, today was apparently my parent's day to be needy...my dad had neck surgery this morning (and is doing well), and my mom dropped the bomb on me that her depression has been getting worse for the past few months and it's been really bad lately. So i'm back in my role trying to force her to see some kind of therapist. Oy.

Also, i'm having doubts about working at the NCCDD next year...they haven't gotten back to me yet, and now i'm wondering if I shouldn't just look someplace else. As in, someplace closer.

As far as April goes:

Good:
  • I finish my first year of grad school! It can't come soon enough.
  • Hopefully it will get warmer/sunnier soon (does it seem to anyone else that it was rainy/overcast ALL of last month?)
  • My niece's first birthday this Friday!
Bad:
  • I finish at JFS. I was debating for a while whether this was good or bad..but i've decided bad, as I've had a lot of good times there and I like (for the most part) the work i'm doing. I really will be sad to leave.
  • I find out from the NCCDD whether they want me or not. Right now i'm not sure which answer I want.
  • I have 4 huge papers due. None of which I've started working on. I probably should be doing that now...but I'm tired after all the stuff that went down today....
Overall, April will about even out between good and bad. I just hope I survive those 4 papers....

No comments: