Friday, April 17, 2009

Movie update

So, I just finished reading the new Summer Movie Preview edition of Entertainment Weekly..and I have some movies to add to my list (did we REALLY think I was only going to see 5 movies all spring/summer? I thought not.)

Leaving the movies I listed earlier as those I will most definitely be going to see (probably more than once in the case of Harry Potter), here are the:

Movies I will most likely be going to see
  • Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. I loved the first Night at the Museum movie (except when I had to see it in IMAX, which just gave me a headache). It's the right mix of fun, funny, and family-appropriate.
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I didn't expect to like the first movie so much, but I really did. Plus, the summer is really good for some action movies.
  • Julie & Julia. This book was fantastic (I recommend it), and the movie version features Meryl Streep and Amy Adams.
  • The Time Traveler's Wife. Ditto on the book--it was a great story, even if the ending was bittersweet.
Movies I would like to see, but will probably wait until they are on DVD:
  • Up. This is the new Pixar movie--I love Pixar, but i'm not attracted enough to the concept to pay to go see it, unless I happen to go with a client for work or something. Which is possible.
  • Terminator: Salvation. I want to see this--but given that I haven't seen any of the other Terminator movies, it probably wouldn't make much sense.
  • My Sister's Keeper. I'm actually not positive I want to see this--the book was so great I'm afraid the movie will ruin it. Plus I hate crying in movie theaters.
  • (500) Days of Summer. Quirky rom-com. My kind of movie, but not worth $7. Sorry, boy who used to be on 3rd rock from the sun.
In addition to all this movie going, I will also go to the theater: I just bought tickets on sale to go see Jersey Boys (for once, those Ticketmaster e-mails I get came in handy), a musical about Frankie Valley and the 4 Seasons that I promise is not as lame as it sounds. My mom has been DYING to see it since she got the CD 2 years ago, so I thought I would be nice and take her.

Work update: I just managed to pick up another Tuesday shift (in addition to the one I already have, taking a client to her swim lesson), taking a client to cooking class. I'm also trying to pick up some after school shifts with Joe--we'll see what happens there. I just had to register to retake the CPR class to get my certification renewed, also. What an (expensive, long) pain.

No comments: