Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ups and Downs

This week has been quite an interesting one...it was up and down over and over.

For example:
Up: Finding out Monday that my last Discrimination & Oppression (otherwise known as "depression") was cancelled.
Down: Finding out Tuesday that my client had died.

Up: Doing well on my presentation on Tuesday.
Down: Going to my client's memorial service on Thursday and bursting into tears three times.

Up: Going to a dinner for work and tryin gout a new eggplant dip that was very tasty.
Down: Trying duck and not liking it AT ALL.

Up: Going to a farewell lunch for me and the other JFS intern.
Down: Ending my normal routine at JFS (more on that later).

Down: Finding out that the days i have free to work with Joe he has a job coach, so now I am short of hours.
Up: Volunteering to keep running my senior group at JFS to have something to do, and finding out that they are going to pay me more than I make at the Arc.

It was also a week full of a LOT of eating, from my dinner on Thursday for the Arc, my lunch on Friday for JFS, my friend's birthday party Saturday night, and the Yom Ha'atzmaut celebration I worked at today. This week I finish up the semester, and then I have 2 weeks before my summer class starts, during which I am going to the beach with Brian's family (hooray! a vacation! even if it is only a weekend...it's probably all i'm getting until my honeymoon, so I'd best enjoy it).

I can't believe I'm almost done with my first year of grad school--there were a LOT of points during it I didn't think I'd make it here. Here's hoping the next year is easier...

No comments: