Friday, May 29, 2009

Jon and Kate Plus...Themselves

ok, I have to comment on Jon & Kate Plus 8, because all the stuff constantly going around about them is driving me crazy.

I have loved this show for a long time, because I thought they were such a nice family and were struggling, but did it together. Now...well, let's just say both Jon and Kate are acting like they're single again. Jon's going out to bars with random women, Kate spends most of her time traveling and wants a talk show, and they both spend so much time talking to the media about how their marriage isn't working that they aren't talking to each other.

HELLO, YOU HAVE EIGHT CHILDREN. TIME TO ACT LIKE AN ADULT. As someone who went through a divorce, I can attest to how much it affects you negatively, for years--and my parent's divorce WASN'T all over magazines at the grocery store. I feel really, really sorry for the Gosselin kids--the twins notice for sure what's going on, and everyone is an idiot for thinking they don't. They can read, for God's sake.

At this point Jon and Kate should be going to marriage counseling and trying to put their marriage back together for the sake of their kids. What happened to, "we'll always be together", which is what they told them when they renewed their vows?? I just want to shake them both. I loved this show, but I can live without it, as can the rest of America--don't sacrifice your marriage and your kid's emotional well-being for television. Please.

No comments: