Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Raleigh scheming

As promised, here is more on my potential move to Raleigh:

What precipitated it:
  • Being tired of not living in the same city with Brian the entire 5 1/2 years we've been dating, and also being tired of only getting to see him 1-2 days a week, and having to drive A LOT to do that.
  • Considering an internship next year in Raleigh, and thinking that it's ridiculous to commute 3 days a week plus the weekend.
What this means:
  • I'll probably stay in CH until the end of the summer so I can work camp again, and then move to Raleigh. I'll have to commute 2 days a week to CH for school, but that's less in the end.
  • Brian and I are seriously considering getting married next Christmas, and this way he could just move in with me and it wouldn't disrupt his commute. 
  • I'll get to see Brian more than 1 day a week! We can have mutual friends! We can just hang out together, and not be depressed that, when I have to take him home, I won't see him again for another week or more.
Will this really happen? I have no idea. I welcome advice..but, in the words of one of my clients, I can't promise I'll take it :) 

1 comment:

Lara Newell said...

As long as I don't have to wear some godawful winter dress, shawl, sweater, I think Christmas is good :) But then you moving to Raleigh would mean that I would have nowhere to stay in Chapel Hill :( Boo. As I have learned, you should do what's best for YOU even if it is difficult for other people (which doesn't seem like it will be difficult for anyone in this case, lucky). So I say yay to early marriage which means you will have an earlier Sar-ian!